WHITE BEAR LAKE SUPERSTORE FALL CAR CARE TIPS
We hope you were able to get all your BBQs, camping trips and swimming days in over the last few months, because summer is coming to an end, whether you like it or not. For most of us, that means cooler weather and more challenging road conditions. Your car was good to you over the summer months, so now is the time to make sure it’s good to you over these coming cooler months. Here are a few tips to make sure you stay safe on the road, and to make sure your vehicle runs smoothly in all conditions.
1. Vehicle Inspection: Technicians will be able to inspect your vehicle and assess its exact needs. They will perform checks and tests on fluids, batteries, belts, hoses, etc.
2. Tire Tread: This may be one of the most important maintenance tips to focus on. With adverse road conditions, your tires should have plenty of tread remaining. Our service department can assist with an inspection.
3. Windshield Wipers: For most of us, the coming months will be much wetter than the previous months. And since seeing out of your windshield is generally a pretty important part of safe driving, you are going to want to make sure your windshield wipers are up to the task of handling any wet weather. If your wiper blades haven’t been replaced recently, you may want to do so now.
4. Lights: It’s important to make sure your vehicle’s lights are all in working order. Make sure all burned out bulbs are replaced and to clean any grime from lenses with a damp towel.
6. Emergencies: Carry gloves, boots, blankets, flares, a small shovel, sand or kitty litter, tire chains, a flashlight, and a cell phone. Put a few “high-energy” snacks in your glove box.